Vergelegen wine estate, one of the top wine producers in South Africa, is offering visitors the opportunity to experience the excitement of a wine harvest first-hand.
For a limited time only – until end-March – the renowned Somerset West estate is offering a guided wine safari drive through the beautiful vineyards. Guests can enjoy spectacular mountain and vineyard scenery, taste award-winning wines at specific vineyard sites, and access the hilltop cellar, renowned for its innovative architecture.
Tour highlights include:
- Sauvignon blanc and cabernet sauvignon tastings;
- Transport in a stylish game drive vehicle;
- Vineyard overview with stops at specific vineyards;
- Visit the gravitational flow cellar, which has three working levels buried 11m into the ground;
- Discover the underground barrel vault;
- Enjoy 360 degree views from the cellar rooftop garden, of False Bay and the Hottentots Holland Mountain range, the town of Somerset West below, the Atlantic Ocean beyond and, in the distance, Table Mountain.
The tour is available daily depending on the weather, departing at 10h00 from the Wine Tasting Centre. Duration is approximately two hours, cost R450 per person. The maximum number of guests is eight people. No children under 12 years are allowed, due to safety regulations.
To book: Wine Tasting Centre email@example.com
Find out more: https://vergelegen.co.za/experiences/wine-harvest-drive/